HybridZ

Painting the turbo wheels...

ratedZ

Guest Anonymous

Use something that can take a bit of tough treatment without chipping. The prefered solution would be powder coating, but I've used a product (Dip It) that is a spray on flat black plastic coating and once cured it holds up pretty well and has pretty good corrosion resistance. It drys fairly flat. I've used it with good luck on my back tail light finishers and am considering having the bumper stripped and us it there. Its available at like Home depot which makes it easy to get.

I'm sure theres other suitable coatings, this is just one option.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

The trick to making paint stick to Aluminum is to use an etchable primer. It makes the paint adhere to the metal much better. I have to agree with Lone, powder is much more desirable and lasts much longer and I do this for a living so I speak from first hand experience on the strength of powder. 4 wheels should ron between 150-200 bucks.

quote:

Originally posted by Les Heath:

The trick to making paint stick to Aluminum is to use an etchable primer...

Ditto on the "etchable" part. If you can't find that type of primer at your autoparts store, try looking at an automotive paint supply place. If that does not work, there's always Eastwood icon_smile.gif

Davy