HybridZ

O ring head gasket ?

didier

who knows something about nissan motorsport race parts : O ring headgasket, needing block machining ?

any picture ?

I will overbore my L28 to 90 mm and don't find the 91 mm HKS headgasket 2 or 1 mm, no longer produced ?

how could i get one for France ?

Didier

I've been using that head gasket setup for about 10 years now. It's pretty much indestructible, and also pretty expensive. It does require machining the block, so once you start using this gasket, there is no going back. Just pray that Nissan Motorsports doesn't discontinue it - it's looked like they were going to several times, but they still stock it - you'll probably have the best luck contacting them directly.

Here are a few pics:

Engine%20001.jpg

Piston1.jpg

Engine%20002.jpg

I've been using that head gasket setup for about 10 years now. It's pretty much indestructible, and also pretty expensive. It does require machining the block, so once you start using this gasket, there is no going back. Just pray that Nissan Motorsports doesn't discontinue it - it's looked like they were going to several times, but they still stock it - you'll probably have the best luck contacting them directly.

Here are a few pics:

Engine%20001.jpg

Piston1.jpg

Engine%20002.jpg

Thank you so much for the photos, i understand how it works

how much is the deepth of the grooves for O rings ? what metal ? stainless steel or inconel ?

I think there's a difference with HKS metal gasket ( conventional shape ) and this one Nismo with separated parts .

Sometimes ago , i have seen Formula 1 V10 Peugeot/Prost head opened, and there was Orings with grooves for the bores, and grooves all around the head for soft gasket ( water and oil ).it was impressive quality of work

I think the Nismo is expensive but i will try to contact theme

excuse my bad english

regards

Didier

• 2 weeks later...