HybridZ

want to go 200mph

biohzrd

bonk.gifbonk.gifbonk.gifbonk.gif i know i may sound a little crazy to think it but i'd like to do it. my big Question is what would have to be done to the aerodynamics/body to get it there without taking flight and keep it stable. i've seen a kit from vr engineering that looks like it could help. any suggestions would help. twak.gifbonk.gifugg.gif

The aero. of the Z makes it difficult to acheive a speed over 170 without los of steering and almost taking flight. Adding the g nose helps a lot but too much air volume is allowed under the hood and under the car itself. Custome effects, lowering, gnose, vent in the fenders and 1/4's maybe as well. This topic has been played with more than a few times here so you can do a search and reread them if you like. IMO you are3 looking at some serious mods to hit that though. ugg.gif

Guest Anonymous

If your just talking aero mods to do 200MPH take a hint from CART cars. At way less than 200MPH they produce enough down force that they could drive upside down in a tunnel icon_rolleyes.gif I dont think a datsun Z body could be altered enough to create the down force to keep your butt on the road, but I like the thought icon_cool.gif

80% of that downforce that CART cars use is to increase traction for cornering. Much less is needed in a straight line. Adding a "real" front spoiler with a splitter and a good rear wing should be plenty for straight line stability in a Z.

here is the kit i was looking at; http://www.reactionresearch.com/280yz.html

i like the looks of it aswell. the biggest problem looks like trying to fab up some headlight assemblies. i'd was thinking of some type of retractable style similar to those on a porche 928. that way you would still get the round headlight look. who knows though. i'm about to be stroking my motor up to a 434ci sbc. i should have about 550hp and just as much torque. it will be mated to a built to the teeth 700r4 w/ a manual valve body kit and a vigilanti convertor. i just like the sound of a 200 + mph car. bonk.giftwak.giftwak.gif

the best part is that i have full go from the wife icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

yeah but she is only 5 yrs old. born a month befor we got married. i geuss my paw-in-law is a horny old bastard. anyway she's pretty laid back about stuff like that. besides she likes to take what ever i've got out and stroll on the guys every now and then. she say's she likes the look on thier face when they realize it was a woman that just spanked them. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

i geuss i just got lucky