HybridZ

rust under doors

biohzrd

i found a 76 280z today that was $200. the only major problem with it was that there was a lot of rust under the passenger side door. apart from that the body was pretty strieght. is this a big concern with these cars and hard to replace, or is it not that big of a deal? other than that it is a complete car and i think would atleast be good for parts.

Was the rust under the door itself or underin the rocker? IF it's the rocker be VERY careful - in order for rust to be visible there it will usually rust from th einside out and that entire rocker would have to be replaced. Not a fun job! The rocker is a structural piece too. If it's the door itself then it's not so bad and can more easily be replaced. Be sure to check under the battery VERY closely and under the front fenders - this is where rust is often found. For $200 you can't go wrong IMO - it's a good parts car if nothing else.

it is under the door on the rocker. thats what i figured. oh well for 200 bucks i can atleast pull off the good stuff and scap the rest. i also know where there is a 82' turbo 280zx for free. the only real problem with this one is it had an engine fire. other than that the body interior and drive train -motor are still good. i was wondering what rear end would be in it and would it be worth me dragging it home to pull it off.

by the way nice job on your z. it looks like you have alot of time into it. you should take a lot of pride in it.