HybridZ

Off to the body shop...

Guest Azel

Beware those rockers. When they go to fix them make SURE they pull the fornt fenders off and check the drains. Often times leaves will get in the cowl, drain into th efender area, block up that area, rust through into the rocker, and then make one heck of a mess inside the rocker icon_sad.gif Fix any rust and for the future run a hose from the cowl drains down to the holes by the front fenders to prevent this from occuring later on. You'll probably find a ton of garbage under the front fenders too icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest Anonymous

Heh...My dad finally got my Chrysler Laser running and it was outside for about 3 years, unmoved. Well, we got it started up and it wouldn't go anywhere...Well, now he wouldn't allow it so he revs it up real high and slips his foot off the clutch in first and reverse a few times...Needless to say, after a lot of crunching noises, it finally moved icon_smile.gif

(Hey, we don't care, the car was free icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif )

I finally got the ole L24 taken out. Had a slight incident though. The cherry picker was positioned to the right side of the car. As we were lifting the motor out, the engine mount on the driver side hooked to my headers. Clueless about the whole thing we kept raising it and I finally realized what was happening. Unfortunately the header is now slightly bent. It was also quite a pain to take out since it's a one of the old Monza 1-piece's. I think I might get it sandblasted and chromed and sell it. I also had another mishap. I found out that the rear driver side wheel is locked up. Tried beating the wheel in and out with big rubber mallet but to no avail. It's still locked. Anyone ever encounter this problem. I've left my car parked outside for months so I know what the culprit is.

Now on Monday the car will be towed to the auto body shop. Underneath both doors, near the rear wheel wells, there's some slight rusting and bubbling. I'm thinking about painting the car a copper, like the 350Z concept car. What do you guys think?