HybridZ

Project numero dos!

Well I had that '78 280 and it ended up being an epic fail, the only good thing it had was the interior. I saved that and found a '76 with alot less rust, still rust but not nearly as much. This one runs and drives. Frame rails are good, the only real bad spots are the rear quarters on the bottom and the floor pan.

Where else should i be looking? The engine bay is pretty good. the hatch is pretty good, a little rust in the spare tire well.

post-10969-12745764184311_thumb.jpg

Edited by jenzos

Where else should i be looking?

According to the 'How to restore your Datsun Z car' "anywhere metal"

The cowing box, behind that side effect/running board at the bottom of the fender, the inside bottom quarter panel where the muffler sits, the 2 little cross bar tabs on the floorpan frame rail, go ahead and give a good pull on them, most times they rip off, the corners of the motor bay TC rod frame rail, where they end at the rear of the motor bay.

I do the old screwdriver stab trick, just get under the car and stab away with a screwdriver, just hard enough that it does not dent the metal. The undercoating hides lots of thin/compromised metal.

Good luck on this one, no obvious rust in the picture.

Sorry f this is off topic but where are you located? I could swear that this is the carthat I wanted to buy when I was 16 years old and wanted a Z but my mom wouldn't let me get it. I know it's a far stretch that it's the same one but it had the same grey paint and wheels an everything minus the side skirts. This was also 6 years ago too. Lol. Sorry for gettig ff topic though I just had the worst case of Deja vu when I saw the pic of this car. I would suggest buying the book that the poster above mentioned. I knew my fair share about z cars and then I just purchased this book last week and have been reading it and I am learning a lot from it. I think it's like 20 bucks on amazon ad you will find yourself using it MANY times throughout your build. Atleast I know I will. Nice looking z though!

Edit: sorry I was viewig this thread on my phone an the mobile version doesn't show locations, so I switched formats and saw that you are in north Carolina so I doubt it's the same car.

Edited by galloguy05