HybridZ

81 280zx- Wiring issues, radio, wipers, heater fan, etc

cu1990

So I bought my 81 turbo last week and it has a few issues.

Doesnt work..

Wipers (front and back)

Power mirrors

radio (lights on radio work just wont turn on)

Heater fan will not turn on at all (burr)

Only thing I really need to get working is the wipers, everything else isnt neccesary but as it gets into winter Ill really need wipers.. Anyone have any ideas what this could be? Fuses all seem fine but Im gonna get a new one and test everything out. Fusible links have been rigged up at some point, need to check those.

Anyways, since it seems like a bunch of issues on interior electrical are present could this by chance be one large connection for all theses components or do all of these run off a common voltage source?

I wish I could just tear into this car like I did with my last 81 but with school and work (and me driving it to both) I dont have the time. :(

Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...

Like you said, check fuses, relays or any other fusable links. Get an Voltmeter and check to see if each is receiving power. Use the VM to check for continuity between everything in question. I would swear our cars have little electircal gremlins that try to make or lives miserable. Finally fixed my power windows last week, (circuit break stud had broken off....wtf???) and currently whenever I depress the brake both my brake lights come on, as well as the parking lights... :hs::ugg: