HybridZ

rb20det mis or fuel cut

SRRBS13

ok when i start my car it spits and sputers at low rpms only shut it off unplug my iacv start it and it runs fine shut it off come out the next day start it spits and sputers like the day before (iacv still unplug) shut it off and plug in the iacv and then start in runs good it got me stumped

thanks for your help and time

Edited by SRRBS13

No, not with a small leak. My rb20 had a very small leak at # 5 injector. I had a very small crack on pintle cap making my rb run like ass. I had to put a wideband on mine to see how it was running. I was running very lean in closed loop at idle. It took me awhile to find my intake leak.

still dose it gose way after it gets warm or when in boost something is still not right im going to do some more test to night but it is purty hard to test things with out any good wiring schematics and not to sure on how to test the three wire coils eather to me it seems like its fuel cut or maf still i put in a sheilded wire and that help a alot

fuel psi 45 when rev and 35 at idle

header temp 323 on all 6 cylinders after two good polls

ok so when i frist start my car it has a roughf idle and will fall on its face if u go over 1/8 throttle and if u hold it to the floor it will shut off butt when this is happen u can get in to high rpms and it runs but 15min of runing shut it off and start it and its gone drive it around and in 3rd at low rpms every now and then u get a sputer

Did you hook up the start signal wire from PCM to the factory datsun starter signal. Look at my post rb20 wiring in this rb section I know I covered it. If that is not hooked up the ecu can't tell the iac valve to idle up on cold start. Also check your airflow meter wiring and voltage output. Also check your cas also

Edited by pat1

Technically a MASS air flow sensor measures air MASS instead of VOLUME like a karman vortex (DSM) sensor does. This is why they work without a IAT sensor since the mass airflow accounts for the density of the air as it cools the hotwire. On the other hand a door type meter (older porsches, toyota, etc) only measures flow and uses IAT and sometimes pressure to determine the density of the charge.

to the OP: Is you tps set right?

Edited by RS Speed