HybridZ

Here is Lola

Alright everyone, I am finally getting around to making a build thread for my 75 280Z. I have been a member of this site since before owning a Z and have learned a TON of info that i could have not learned any other way. So before I start, I would like to thank all of you for the help you have given me.

I started looking for a Z car about a year and a half ago, originally wanting a 240z because of the small bumpers and I didn't know that they were interchangeable, as well as the air dam that I didn't (at the time) know could be put on a 280z. After a couple of deals on 240z's fall through, I was introduced to this car that a guy was selling for $1,500. Since I was a friend of a friends son (confusing I know) he would sell it to me for $800. I went to look at the car and this is what i found.

IMG_00751-1.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_00781.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_00821.jpg

IMG_00751.jpg

The previous owner said that it possibly had a bad throw out bearing and a bad battery. So I had him start he car and it purred perfectly so i snatched it up and bought it. I brought the car home and noticed that the paint was chipping in some places and there were a few dents.

IMG_0109.jpg

Someone had also done a poor job at shaving the side molding trim

IMG_01101.jpg

the interrior was fairly nice though, with a cracked dash and some minor pieces missing.

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

So since I did no have any tools hardly or a garage to work on the car, I took it to a buddys house to do sanding to get the paint off. To my surprise it looked like someone used house paint or something because the paint just peeled right off in many places

IMG_01841.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

I have a TON more work done to the car and it was rattle canned flat black to last over the winter after this. A few months ago I moved to a place with my own 2 car garage and have since then installed:

280z front air dam

Speedhut reverse El-Glo gauge faces.

New (to me) center console

refreshed (sort of) interrior

Tokico Hp struts

Complete bushing kit

XXR 522 wheels 15x8 with 205/55/r15 tires

5 speed swap from 77 280z

I have also been doing a lot of body work, which i am currently doing. I have a lot more pics and update but I havent uploaded the pics to photobucket yet so I will update once they do.

Thanks for looking!