HybridZ

attention Z ferrari

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have an unfinished Blue Ray GT/Stable Autoworks 250 GTO Ferrrari re-body kit for the early Z. The rear fiberglass tub or clip is made with an integral part to the clip or all one piece to cover the rear quarter windows ( or with every thing built into the one piece design). A two inch thin strap is welded vertically on the door side of the rear 1/4 windows to bond with the fiberglass shell that covers the windows (tub or clip)I considered sand blasting the outside of the 1/4 windows and painting the outsides black so the interior side would look like gloss black from inside. Of course no one would see the outside windows side since they would be covered permanently and the insides would not show the strap. Before you get excited about filling in this area, paint the 1/4 windows and stainless trim with a similar paint as the car and get back twenty feet and see if you like the style you want to create . The paint could easily be removed if you did not like it>. I would just cut a piece of sheet metal to lay over the window and trim and wire weld this to the body (not the stainless steel trim) and smooth out with body filler or body filler reinforced with fiberglass strand.

Guest Anonymous

I need some help. Some of the guys gave me advice as to how to cover my quarter windows in my 240Z. I was wondering if you could provide additional input on this subject given that you car has it done. Thanks to all who have helped.

Guest Anonymous

Very good idea about a trial fit. I could easily make a piece to cover window and paint for just getting the look. And you're right. Gotta stand back away at diff. angles.

Guest Anonymous

If you have a graphics editor, a change like that can easily be made to just see how it might look. Eyedrop the color of the car, paint in the window and scope it out. No its not the same as seeing it in 3d, but it'll save alot of time cutting templates if you find the look doesn't rock your boat for ya. Just an idea.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Sorry it took so long to respond. Ljohnson describes the procedure exactly. The body kit goes along the outside so making the sheet metal you weld in place look decent isn't a concern. There was a post about this topic on the board a while ago, search the archives and you'll ffind quite a bit of feedback