HybridZ

Poly Bushing kit install

Guest skimattybee

Wow that must be an easy job with it on the lift. Not that it is all that difficult without one, but doing mine on an inclined driveway sucked so much that I only did half the job and am still waiting to install the rear. Eventhough now I have a garage I still haven't got around to it. Lol. I'm envious of you right now.

Here's a quick tip if you haven't already removed the old bushings... You don't have to literally "burn" the bushings out as many will tell you. If you just heat up the outer shell, you can pull the old bushing right out in one piece. Just grab the inner sleeve with a pair of pliers and rotate it back and forth while you heat the outer shell. The rubber will separate from the shell, and out it will come. This will work with all of the bushing with the exception of the mustache bar, because it's too difficult to get good heat transfer to the inner shell.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

Guest skimattybee

thanks for the tip, what about the outer sleeves? for the front and rear control arms, i am pressing them out tomorrow, is that the easiest method?

Guest skimattybee

while i have my control arms and sway bars ect.. out , i decided to clean them up a bit

after i cleaned them off i put a light coat of self etching primer and then black epoxy

SU1HMDA0NTctMjAxMDA2MDYtMTUxMC5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDA0NTQtMjAxMDA2MDYtMTUwNS5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDA0NTUtMjAxMDA2MDYtMTUxMC5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDA0NTYtMjAxMDA2MDYtMTUxMC5qcGc.jpg

Guest skimattybee

i wish i had time to clean up and paint the control arms, but i need to get my car off the rack and into the shop for paint

SU1HMDA0NjAtMjAxMDA2MDgtMTQ0Mi5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDA0NjMtMjAxMDA2MDgtMTQ0My5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDA0NjctMjAxMDA2MDgtMjE0Mi5qcGc.jpg

i wasnt able to install the outer control arm bushing because i didnt want to pull the spindel pins(i have heard some horror stories about those) plus they werent bad so ill save them for when i decide to swap the diff, and transmission. the only issue that i had was the transmission crossmember, the directions for the bushing werent clear about wheathe ri needed to take the outer metal sleeve out, and like a dummy i didnt test fit the bushings before i removed the sleeves, so now i am on the search for outer sleeves for the transmission crossmember

Edited by skimattybee