HybridZ

280ZX body mods,wats out there?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

HI all,

Im the new proud owner of a 81 280ZX.

Had my sights set on a 240/260, but I couldnt find one that wasnt rusted out for less than $3000, so when I saw the 280 for sale, with the targa, I jumped on it. =)

It has some spots of bog, a few teeny patches of rust, but passed a warrant 2 days ago, so the body is pretty sound and the engine bay is very tidy.

I have big plans for this car, including eventually an install of a rb26det. But first things first, fixing the panels and a repaint.(its pretty much in primer at the moment, will paint strip it down).

I figure I should have a look at some body modifications first before doing any work on a panel Im just gunna change in the end anyway. Im definately putting on a front spoiler, and some side skirts, and possible modifying the bonnet to include a scoop. But I need some ideas. I have a friend in the trade who can do me some custom work, I need some pictures to show him first.

Do you guys have any cool pics of bodymods I could possibly put on my car?

That would be awesome

Cheerz,

Dwayne

Dwayne,

There is a guy who works at the ellersile ymca names Meryn Davis. He use to race a 280zx and did pretty well at it. Anyway he is a good dude so give him a call at work( use the book, i dont have the number anymore) at tell him i said howdy. He knows his way around where to get parts and who to talk to without having to deal with most of the wankers at the z-club. I have only found one place that does kits for the z here but i wasnt looking for zx stuff. I will see if i can find it. It was in the south island some where. I'll do a search on yellow pages and get back to you.

Btw, there seems to be far more stuff in aussie that may be worth a look as well.

Douglas.

Guest Anonymous

Hey Douglas,

Thanx dude, thats great.

I have heard the z club mentioned a few times and seen their site on the net, was thinkin about making contact. Are they really wankers though?

I have an idea why they mite be like that, I bet they're Zed purists,who want all their car parts to be original, manufactured by datsun etc.

I bet If I rocked to one of their meetings in an rb25 powered zed and some non nissan parts they mite be a bit gruff.

That approach is stupid really, we are just trying to get the best performance outta our zed cars. Oh well.

Ill contact that guy at the YMCA for sure, cheerz.

About parts from Auzz, is there much of a difficulty bringing in parts from ova there? how much of a cost is added for couriering etc?

Ive been to the auzzie zed show website and saw some great cars on that site, so there will be some nice stuff out there I reckon.

One other thought, I mentioned to my friend the panelbeater I mite want him to make me some side skirts, but a couple friends have said skirts would look stupid/not suit the car, I reckon it would look good, watdoya reckon?

Thanx again,

Dwayne