HybridZ

R32 RB26 exhaust gas o2 sensor replacement (substitute) help

I can't seem to find any support on this subject and it's been haunting me for over a year now. (Should I have posted this in troubleshooting or is that just "general engine?")

I just tried to by my second set of replacement o2 sensors that I heard work for this engine but no dice! I'm at the point where I would probably just pay way too much for the oem ones but I can't even find them.

Supposedly the 300zx turbo sensors work, but about a year ago I bought some and the threads were way too big. Then I heard about the turbo sensors and thought maybe I bought the wrong kind, so I picked some from ebay that say they are for the turbo z32. Still too big. Did the guy send me the wrong kind or am I just missing something?

The threads on the original sensors are about 12mm and the threads on the collar they go into are about 20mm on the other side. The sensors I bought however are 18mm so they don't work either way.

post-3335-12762175432348_thumb.jpg

I'm dying for some easy insight here, help!

P.S> The background story is that I'm fairly certain the stock sensors are bad because the gauge in datascan freaks out, meanwhile the engine has a slight miss like it's running on the default map which is too rich. I can't figure out how to test the sensor itself but the heater shows 6.8ohms. The new sensors show 3.8ohms.