HybridZ

Composite construction techniques

jhaag

I've been very impressed by a book titled Competition Car Composites written by Simon McBeath. It's a clear, nicely illustrated 200 page book about the construction of composite parts by non-experts at home. The author style is not overly technical so a non-engineer like myself could easily understand it. There are several books on fiberglass construction techniques with some information about composites. Usually the sections on composites are more aircraft oriented. It was published by Haynes in 2000. The author has also written two other books called Competition Car Downforce and Competition Car Preparation but I haven't read them yet.

I got the book from the Denver Public Library (catalog number 629.228 M121co) so even if your library doesn't own it, you could always order it via interlibrary loan. In very rare cases you might be charged for postage but I have never been charged. Or buy it. It's the best book I've seen on the topic.

John Haag

Originally posted by jhaag:

...The author has also written two other books called Competition Car Downforce and...but I haven't read them yet...

I did see that other book in B&N and took a look at it--I was VERY impressed by the descriptions and illustrations. I will probably end up buying both of those books in the near future.

Davy