HybridZ

Can I take parts from a 280ZX Coupe to add to my 2+2 280ZX

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

HI all.

Man Im full of questions.

This is my first project so its all new to me at the moment.Im getting there though, thanx in big part to the great help/advice Ive recievd from the people on this forum. 2thumbs.gif

I have been in contact with a guy who races a 280ZX out my way, and he has a few parts cars, 5 actually smile.gif

Some of them are Coupes though and I have a 2+2. I want 2 doors and rear hatch. they're good and will be cheaper than getting the rust work done on my current doors/hatch.

But the guy said the doors and hatch may be different dimensions on the coupe compared to the 2+2 model. The 2+2 doors are slightly longer?

Are the bonnet dimensions the same for the 2+2 and the coupe?

I have allready sourced a bonnet, but if he offers one cheaper ill snap it up.

Cheerz,

Dwayne

p.s Ill start taking some photos of work in progress so I can get some pics up smile.gif

Guest greimann

You are correct sir, the doors and hatch are NOT interchangable between the coupe and 2+2. The hood (ok, bonnet) IS interchangable so go for that.

One thing I did on my 2+2 was remove the rear seat and install the valence from the coupe. It is the sheetmetal valence that holds the little storage boxes behind the seats. It bolts right in to the 2+2 floor, there are even screw holes pre- drilled in the body. I guesss it technically makes it a 2-2 now! tongue.gif

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, Im gunna take those annoying little seats out and replace them with some speakers

So thanx for that advice. smile.gif

Wouldnt the car then be a 2+2-2 ? :D