HybridZ

any suggestion???

Guest zphreek

Guest zphreek

hey all! i made a round taillight panel for my 72 Z ( you can see it at http://members.tripod.com/zphreek/id26.htm) and i now need to figure out how to put on a license plate and back up lights...(i was told that it was the law that you have to have a lighted license plate and back up lights) anyone have any suggestions?? i thought if i could find a recessed plate holder with backup lights integrated into it, i would use that but i havent found anything yet. any suggestions welcome.

Guest zphreek

oh btw, since that photo was taken i have since replaced the peice of metal below the taillights and have shortened up the exhaust so that it doesnt stick out near as far. it has a very clean look now.

Guest Big Phil

You could buy a recessed license plate mount from a hot rod shop. They cost about $100 but they included lighting. You could flush the license plate mount in between the taillights. For reverse lights I would use 99 VW beetle back up lights mounted low in the rollpan just like the bug.

Phil

P.S. you could make your own license plate mount out of 20 gauge steel(or fiberglass) for dirt cheap. That what I did.

Phil

Guest Anonymous

I really like the classic round style. I was following this low boy heavy equipment trailer to a stoplight . When the brakes were applied, the red glow and the multiple bright dots within that 4 inch diameter on the trailer really got my attention. The lights appearred to have chrome or stainless trim rings. I later saw an auction on ebay for similar small round lights advertised as LED for all types of applications including recessed round waterprof tailights for Jeep CJ's.Prior to this , City buses were sporting large round bright dotted talilights.They look great and very functional in the smaller size