HybridZ

280z bumpers on late model 260z

Hey everyone. I'm new here and hoping to get an answer to my question. I recently got a 74.5 late model 260z, however, the bumpers are trashed. A friend of mine is taking his minty freash 280z bumpers off and I wanted to know if they'll fit on to the 260z body. Also, how much does each bumper weigh? He lives out of state and was going to mail them.

If he has 77 or 78 bumpers, then they won't be the same (anything can fit with enough time and $). I think the 75-76 bumpers were the same as the later 260's, but I am not sure, I am just sure that the 77 and 78's were different. Either way the bumpers are going to be quite heavy, and bulky, shipping could be a pain. I think it cost something like $70 to ship a rear 240z bumper across the country to me, and that bumper is significantly lighter than a 280z bumper.

I can not say for sure if they are a straight bolt-on. I would bet that they would fit, but the ends of the shocks could be different. You *could* have him ship the 77-78 shocks if they do not bolt onto your 260Z shocks. Email some pics and measurements back and forth.