HybridZ

'76 280z Backyard Build

Did some work this weekend, POR15'd the front end, cut out some rust etc. All I need to do is weld in the floor pans, and the interior will be pretty much done. The body is almost ready for paint, just need to mount the sideskirts (I had to cut the fender for rust and am doing a quick fix of just hiding it.)

The gauges don't work some days. Some days it won't start and some days it runs like a champ. Weird little car :blink:

I plan on painting it silver, the original color was silver do you guys think I should pull the motor and repaint the engine bay too? I kind of just want to drive the thing already!!

post-10969-056239900 1278898621_thumb.jpg

Painted the grill

post-10969-008185500 1278898630_thumb.jpg

My helper who now has POR15 all over him haha

post-10969-014496700 1278898651_thumb.jpg

If anyone in Eastern North Carolina can weld for me, or teach me to weld let me know!!

Edited by jenzos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

post-10969-042987800 1280708142_thumb.jpg

Started throwing some white paint on her... Looking for a drivers side fender if anyone in NC has one.

I'm in Raleigh, have a driver's side fender. It's not perfect, but better than the one you have by miles. The one i have has 2 small rust holes, probably about dime size combined. PM me if your interested, and good luck with the Z.

Edited by 72s30