HybridZ

Bumper fitment question

IzaBell 280

I got a 73? bumper from a local guys junkyard for 30 bucks. I have welded up all the holes and I was starting to fit it to my 78 and I noticed that the old style was much 2 inches wider than my trim piece that went in the same bumper spot. I thought about putting that trim piece in for a bumper than I slapped myself out of it. Any suggestions for fitment? I might cut out 1 inch in two places and weld back together. lot o work though.

post-10225-040731300 1279378976_thumb.jpg

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/92688-zcc-bumper-conversion-bracket-issue/

Don't know what brackets you are using. I used the ZCC conversion brackets. I managed to get my 73 bumper to fit pretty flush without messing with the bumper itself. Cut a little off the highlighted points you see in that thread, which allowed me to push the bumper back another 1-2 inches.

newfrontbumper3.jpg

It's made of rubber and actually fills the gap that you are talking about. At least that is what I believe he is talking about. Most people though wnat to run the 73' bumper up close to the frame of the car and if that is the case, it requires purchasing the bumper bracket kit from MSA or some other retailer. This allows for the adjustment of the bumper to as close as possible.