HybridZ

Victoria British Parts question

georgiaz

Can someone comment on the quality of the Victoria British weatherstrip kit? I'm considering ordering it and the Energy Suspension urethane bushing kit but I would like to hear from some of you who have used them. The prices seem competative from what I've seen, but what about the quality? Are there any better deals out there?

Guest zfan

I purchased the kit a couple of years ago. All except for the door weatherstrip I found it to be good quality. The door weatherstrip was too fat,made the door hard to close. two years later and many a door closes later it still is tight. Just my two cents worth.

Mike

Guest Willieboy240z

If you have an early Z, they say you should go ahead and get the later Z weatherstip kit. The door problem is minimized with the later version. You should discuss on the phone with the sales rep.

Guest Anonymous

I have both on my 78Z and Im plenty happy.

Everything went good, Had some trouble figureing out the location of the urathean bushing, they are not labled well but I would recommend them to a freind, And yes I have read a lot that nobody has been happy with the door seals in the eairly model kits, it has been said over and over that the late model door seals work much better. So if you have a 72 buy the 78 door seals. The salesmen at V/B do know aobout it so talk to a good one.

I think you can buy a 78 kit and be ok, But not 100% sure.

Good luck.

Also the kits comes with front and rear window seals, I have read some bad postings on the front window seal, it seams if you use it, use a lot of window glue or have a pro install it.

Terry. cheers.gif