HybridZ

Track of 240z compared to S13 (240SX)

So, I've done some research and found this on our site . .

240Z_General_Chassis_VIew.jpg

So, if my notes are correct then . .

73' 240Z Track

Front : 53.3

Rear : 53.0

(found here . . Datsuns Link)

1993 240SX (S13) Track . .

front 57.7"/ 1466mm

rear 57.5"/ 1461mm

(found here . . Some Site)

My question is, I have already purchased the Rota RBR's in 17x9 and 17x9.5 for the front and rear. Now, these rims have the following offset . .

17x9 = -13 offset

17x9.5 = -19 offset

Now, I have 2 different flares I can go with. . .

Standard ZG flares : 2-1/4" flare front and rear

Oversized ZG flare : 3-5/8" rear and 3-1/4" front

I'm not too knowledgable when it comes to wheel spacing but I thought someone on here might be able to help me out with this. I just want to know if these rims will fit with either the oversized or reguilar ZG flares once I have the S13 suspension installed. From the #'s it looks like the 240SX is about 4.4" wider in the front which would be 2.2" on each side and the rear is "4.5 longer which would be 2.25" on both sides. The tires I'm going to run will probably be 245/45/17 front and 275/40/17 rear. This isn't a def yet, but I'm just going off of what other members have done and want to make sure that I can use them, and if not, sell them. If I can use them I just want to make sure that they sit flush with whatever flares I go with and don't look way off.

I will have coilovers installed so clearance won't be an issue. Your help is greatly appriciated. I hope I have provided enough information to figure this out.

Edited by New-to-240z

If you only have s13 coilovers on your Z then it wont effect the overall width of your car. The control arms and knuckle still are from your Z so nothing has changed, just the strut assembly which doesn't change track.

If you swapped the complete rear subframe from an S13 for instance then you will need to buy different rims since the s13 is a lot wider. With those offsets even flares wouldn't cover the tires.

DAMNIT! :( Ya, I am having the entire rear subframe fabbed into my car next week. So, I'm guessing now is the time to start looking for some new Rims. Do you think you might be able to help me out with this. Is there a formula/site that can better help me to find some rims that will fit correctly under the car now? I'll just sell the rotas locally.

I was really hoping that I would be able to fit them under the car becuz I love the look of them.

Here'e Alex Villabrille's blog page with with 240z. half way down the page you can see the trial fitment of 2 sets of rims. His Dad does such a mod that your doing. Maybe you can contact tehnm to get some more info>. http://alexvillabrille.com/ and http://www.vildinimotorsport.com/i/Vildini_Motorsport_Mission_Viejo_-_Home.html

@Fastzcars : They actually did my SR20 swap. haha I just found out that they can also do the S13 fab up as well. I looked at their site and it looks like they only test fitted 18" rims. Which for me, is a little to large. I always wanted to stay around 17" max, because 18 requires so much cutting of the fender to fit. I'm still up in the air on this, so I'll have to get back to that later. I might have to swap to 5 lug to since my rim selection is limited when using 4 lug.

so who is doing your s13 swap? are they in O.C.? I don't know of many shops willing to do such a coversion. And if you don't mind me asking how much are they charging? back to the 5 lug question, you won't regret it. I did the 5 lug route and I love the selection of rims available me! From mustang to 370z wheels/rims. :D:)

@Fastzcars : They actually did my SR20 swap. haha I just found out that they can also do the S13 fab up as well. I looked at their site and it looks like they only test fitted 18" rims. Which for me, is a little to large. I always wanted to stay around 17" max, because 18 requires so much cutting of the fender to fit. I'm still up in the air on this, so I'll have to get back to that later. I might have to swap to 5 lug to since my rim selection is limited when using 4 lug.

• 4 weeks later...

I've actually not done anything yet. I ran into some $$ problems with the house so I'm back to square one. I think it will be another 2 months before I can finish it. I may not do the front because I already have the Vildini crossmember welded in. The 240sx's front CM is actually pretty far back . . . I'll let you know.