HybridZ

OK Guys, this is really simple. (83 zx tach wiring)

OK. so i have an 83 zx. I love it dearly. I got it from a "mechanic" who was a self proclaimed "Wiring expert" which is obviously the reason half my lights, my horn, my tach, and my radio didn't work. I have gone through and fixed all of these but the Tach. there is a nice little rats nest of snipped wires leading to nowhere, and unconnected connectors right next to my coil. if one of you wonderful people could please send me a simple color coded wiring diagram of what i need to hook up to where, i would be eternally grateful. please. im sure someone has it out there. i have just been unable to find one.

Edited by MJSchutt

Hahahaha the first couple of sentences made me laugh, to save you a quick search use the FSM diagrams, or if you don't have one, you can download one for free here: www.xenons130.com

well, I do have the FSM, which is how I managed to re-do his un-doing, but i seem to be having a hard time on this one. some of the wiring doesn't seem to match up... (not a surprise) there appears to be a black/white wire and a White/black wite connected to my coil. i however have a Black/white and a Blue. and the little condenser next to the coil isnt hooked up to anything... any insight?

• 2 weeks later...