HybridZ

Camel GT / 280yz kits

Guest bluex_v1

Guest bluex_v1

I think I like the Camel GT body kits a lot, however the only pic I have seen is this one below from the Arizona Z Car site. Does anyone have any other pics, especially of the sides?

camlfrt.jpg

From what I've read from older posts, it may be an indefinate amount of time before the Camel GT body kits might be manufactured again...does anyone have any new info on this?

I also really like the fender lines of the 280yz kit from VR/John Washington, but not the front airdam. Has anyone done any treatments to make the front end of this kit flow better, and specifically to allow the car to traverse a speed bump? I was thinking of just trimming the back end of the dam and mounting it about 4 inches back or so that the front of it was flush with the front of the hood, and then triming the front and sides along the bottom so you'd get a better approach angle when facing sloped driveways and such...I'm just not sure if that would then leave the fenders wider than the rear of the dam due to the taper. Anyone tackled this one? pics?

Guest nezzie76

The front airdam for the YZ is sold seperately. You could probably fit an airdam from something else since you don't like that one. You can always build your own airdam out of fiberglass so that it will be to your own tastes. I personally think that the airdam on the YZ is bulky looking and detracts from the apperance of the car. From the looks of it you might be able to use the stock airdam or one the MSA sells. It appears that the new fenders bolt on the areas of the old fenders.

Personally I would love to use the Camel GT front end with cowl hood and the 280YZ rear fenders! That would be my choice! It would certainly improve the C/D of the Z to something in this century! Oh well, maybe we should petition KitcarZ (formerly VR Engineering) to "BUY" Arizona Z's fiber glass molds! :D

Mark 2thumbs.gif2thumbs.gif2thumbs.gif