HybridZ

Battery wont charge, alternator tested good and new battery is in

cholag

Hello, I have a 1983 280zxt with an MS2 and a lot of engine work, this has been a three year project for me and I can now say that I am 99% done with this thing. But the main thing thats stopping me from tuning is that my battery wont charge now I have bought a new battery and I tested my alternator at autozone and it passed there test. So I started to read schematics and older posts here and on zcar and I found a little bit of help. I checked my fuseable links they all looked fine, then I hooked the battery up and checked the voltage at the post on the alternator with the white wire and that matched up with what I was getting on my battery. I am pretty sure my alternator is hooked up correctly (I will include a photo, please don't pay attention to the one wire that is burnt that belonged to the stock injector cooler).

The only thing that I think could be the problem is my ignition relay, the way I have my ignition setup is that the key will turn on all my acc. and electronics but when kicked into the "start" position all my gauges die. So what I did was wire in a push button so I keep my key in the "on" position to keep my electronics running and then hit the button. I just want to add that the car starts and drives with no problem besides the tune and another thing I noticed is that when the car is running and the DMM is connected to the battery, it will slowly bring itself to 13.3v but never past that. So I guess it is slowly charging it but never getting into the voltage range where it should be.