HybridZ

Distributer wire Question

On my 1974 260 Z I am obviously running an electronic distributor.On the distributer I have 2 solid green wires coming out of it respectivly.In my chilton manual and my facory nissaN manual it states that from my transistor ignition unit there should be a yellow wire,a green and red wire and a green and white wire wich are visible coming from my harnes.The problem lies here.It seems like there should be a 3rd wire coming from my distributor and there isnt.Just 2 solid green wires.How would I wire this properly to my transistor ign unit??Before i did my rebuild it ran and it was wired so that one green off the dizzy went to the green and white theother green off the dizzy to the green and red.No use of the yellow wire like the manual sais.The yellow wire was left hanging?With the only 2 wires coming off the dizzy being solid greens.....Is one wire a positive and the other a negative?I would greatly appreciate the help!Thank you.

Look inside your dizzy. Do you have two sets of pickup coils or one? 74-75-76 all seem to have the two pickup systems with the water temp switch that decides which one is being used based on water temp (advance more when warm I believe). Check EE-34 in the 74 FSM for the schematic of this system.

Sounds like you have a 77-78 dizzy with only one pickup coil, and hence, only two wires. Wire it back the way you found it, you have to ensure that no matter which way the temp switch is, one pickup coil has to be used.

Jim

Jim thanks for the input.It is in fact a one pickup dizzy so like you said its probably out of a later 280.Ill wire it back the way it is.As for the actual temp sensor below The thermostat,Do i run the yellow wire back to that?I think thats how someone had that rigged before.wheres that little yellow guy gonna go?