HybridZ

Installing 12 Pin Connector for Injector Harness

So I liked the idea of just having the single plug on my injector harness for when Im working on the engine. I'm starting to work on some of my engine wiring for megasquirt and I was curious if using say a 12 wire connector off of my parts zx would work. Would this interfere any significant amount as far as voltage drop or anything? Thanks for the help!

Edited by Challenger

There is nothing wrong with what you are proposing. Just make clean connections, and waterproof as much as possible. Solder and heat shrink are considered requirements, nothing crimped if you can avoid it. Take your time, take pictures, work carefully.

Jim

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

Well I worked on it last night. Used old wires from my parts ZX, found some that were the same gauge as the original injector wires and then bought a 12 pin connector at radio shack. Everything will be soldered and then sealed with a section of shrink wrap. Im still needing to decide how Ill wrap the whole thing to make it look nice and be sealed. Now its just waiting on the rest of my injector connectors.

Edited by Challenger