HybridZ

Air dam & ground clearance

Guest VertexZ

Guest VertexZ

Ive just got a fibreglass from air dam, and im thinking i might have some difficulties with ground clearance.

this is on a 260Z

How do all you guys go? I think there might be a few driveway scrapes in store for me, not to mention those gutters are looking like a big issue...looks like driving over gutters is no longer an option for me :(

also, anyone thought of any ways to somehow mount it up a little higher for better clearance. i think ive got about 5" (130mm) or so at best up front. As far as i know its on stock height suspension

Mine fits over the existing valance...

i dont really want to be having to replace it every second week! also if i were to hit a gutter quite hard, then i imaging i might do a bit of damage to the quarter panels too...

Just don't try to park over those parking islands, and drive side ways over gutters/speed bumps. My car is lowered with Tokico springs/struts, and has the MSA air dam kit. I haven't hit anything yet and I've had the car setup like this for over 2 years.

Slight change in driving habits, but it's worth it.

I'd like to get an air dam for my orange 240Z, if anyone has one in used condition that is repairable then let me know.

Guest Anonymous

I think the one I have is a MSA unit, its glass and its pretty low, I'd like to get it where I had it once (ride height) and thats were it'll clear one of those parking lot islands you park against. Right now mine runs into those, it used to just barely clear one, I'm thinking those are about 5" high or so.

Thats the only thing I've ran into, the gutters, maybe a tad on steep driveways that are real abrupt in elevation, it sort of does a rasp number on the bottom of them, mine is splintered a bit from it hitting the islands during parking, its hard to know when to stop, just when you think your getting close, bam, to late.

Regards,

Lone