HybridZ

Alternate body kits?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Has any one tried to modify a body kit made for a different car to fit a 280zx? I haven’t been able to find a body kit or front air dam that I liked that is made for the 280zx. I was wondering if I would be able to modify a kit to put on the 280zx. If it is possible what car would be most compatible with the 280zx? ~cam rockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

As a custom paint and body technician, I found that anything is possible. I have made complete custom ground effects for many vehicles, while it can be costly, ( unless you can do the work yourself) there is no limit to where you can take your car. If you have some experience with fiberglass, and body fillers you can cut and shape any preformed body kit to the size of your vehicle and add or take away anything you want. If you need more help, I can give you step by step information.

Guest Anonymous

To answer your question ( that I forgot about) on which kit would fit the easiest, you need to take measurments of the width of the vehicle and the height from the front of the hood from the ground so that you know your clearance. Try to choose a kit that comes as close as possible. But you can make anything fit with a little work.