HybridZ

blown injector bank fuse

whitechocolatelove

hey guys i just got my z goin, ive been rippin up and down the highway tuning it and so far my afr's are staying in the high 12's and low 13's @ wot full boost till 5500rpm. im still getting them lower but today when i did a long pull @ full boost the stock pop off valve opened and then i blew an injector bank fuse. im currently running my injector settings according to the sticky in this forum for stock injectors and v3.57. does the pop off valve have anything to do with the blown fuse or would it be my injector settings? thanks in advance guys!

well on my way to work this morning as soon as i got on the highway i blew another fuse on bank 2. i looked further into my injector settings and i had bank 2 characteristics off. so i turned it on and set the settings to exactly what bank 1 was at and drove around tuning for a half hour without any problems so i think ive got it! ive also got my afrs down into the low 12's high 11's under full boost!

well it happened again. i recalibrated my ve table and im in the high 11's now under full boost so im excited. still needs some fine tuning here and there but considering how it was running i made a pull to a little over 5k at full boost and the bank 2 fuse blew AGAIN. so i am starting to wonder what could possibly keep doing this. would running stock injectors at the base settings (according to megamanual) and not tuning them cause this issue?

well upon further research i found that another member had this problem with stock injectors, matt at diy autotune told him that a single stock l28et injector at full duty cycle will pull 7 amps by itself. according to matt the cure was to run 20 amp fuses in place. i guess ill give it a shot and see what happens.