HybridZ

Straight 6 to 350 Chevy Part 2: OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Cool title, eh? Anyways, I didn't get much acomplished yesterday, I only got the head off...I THOUGHT I had all the bolts out before, but as me and my dad tried to remove it, I forgot 2 little 10mm bolt and one 13mm. Nothing big though, after I got em out, my dad got the head off for me, but as he gave it the ole' heave ho, it smashed into his leg and then landed on my passenger side fender lol...Nothing big though, just a little dent (Surprisingly) and my dad was fine. If your wondering why we gave it the ole' heave ho instead of taking it off gently was because the only thing good on it is the head itself (remember, the intake and exhaust manifolds were still on it) so we figured a 2 foot drop onto the soft grassless ground wouldn't hurt it any. We took it into the garage so it doesn't get messed up, and then spent the rest of the time admiring the gigantic 4"x5 1/2" hole in the 4th cylinder. Wowee...Someone doesn't know where the redline is...Maybe thats why I only bought the car for $35 (yes, thirty-five) icon_razz.gif

Anyways, since I'm a nocturnal person, as soon as daylight hits I'm going to change the 4 year old fuel filter in hopes that it will remedy my problem in my other Z (Silver 1975 I only payed (Well, had mom pay icon_smile.gif ) $200 for) You people want alot of cheap Z's? Come over here to Ohio!!! Seems the more rust they have the more they cost lol.

Heh, with as much salt as you guys throw on the roads up there I'm pretty surprised ANY Z has survived! I've seen bridge supports on the PA turnpike (I used to drive to Ohio with a girlfriend) that had concrete spalling and rebar rusting badly from all the junk. Pretty scary when the bridge you drive under has such corroded supports!

Congrats on the progress and on the finds! Bummer about the dent though icon_sad.gif

Guest Anonymous

Heh, seems if the government knew any better, they would use titanium for all their road needs...Sure, It would cost alot but in the year 5328 they would have paid for themselves in saved repairs and upkeep lol.