HybridZ

POR15 Floorpan resto kit

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Has anyone here restored their rusted floorpans using the POR15 kit? Im just trying to decide which route i want to take, either weld in new ones or just use the kit. the rust isnt horrible, but not that great either, there are holes, like 1-3 on each side.

Steve

Guest Anonymous

Tough choices.. If you are really in love and no divorce plans ever contemplated.. weld it in and then rust coat the entire bottom with an appropriate paint. As far as POR 15, a good epoxy paint with a pre rust preventaive "ospho" chemical treatment will work cheaper. IMO .. the rust preventative chemical treatment ("ospho")is the secret to rust prevention. Hammerite is advertised as a rust paint plus there are truck bedliner paints even at Wal Mart. I saw a special air gun for these bed liner paints at House of Color for $20.00 (Schutz Gun) or a roller kit for $12.00. After a really thorough inspection, if the rust is "confined to small holes" in the floor boards..... patch it with flat sheet steel with a prior rust preventative chemical to seal the area. I am not a POR 15 supporter when there are adequete substitutes all relying on "Ospho". You have to "seal the cancer from the air".