HybridZ

Looking for a starting map

J240ZTurbo

• 2 weeks later...

You don't want to blow it up, I know the feeling, but being too worried to start it is pretty much the same result as blowing it up - not driving it! You're gonna have to crank it sometime, just set your fuel maps to pig rich and start it up. Leave the wideband off until you get it running somewhere close to 14.7 though, or you will ruin the sensor. Follow the MS manual, Bruce and Al know what they're talking about! I sat and stared at mine for almost a year and a half before I decided I would never find somebody to tell me the answers to everything that was worrying me, and decided to just do it, and figure it out as things went wrong. Mine was on my carb/dizzy truck and it was the dizz I hated, so I didnt have to worry about the fuel, just timing. My truck has a z24 engine, which has 2 plugs per cyl., so I ran an EDIS / MS setup to one set of plugs, and the dizz to the other. I figured if the EDIS didn't work, I could just plug the dizz back in and go, but guess what? IT WORKED! It worked instantly, it worked reliably, it worked WAY better. I never went back to the old setup but one or two times, just to remind me how much better the EDIS was, and now there's nothing left of the distributor but a plate over the hole. Long story short, get off the bench, it's not as tough as it looks! You won't get it perfect the first time, but there's plenty of people here to help, so, no worries!

Also, you should PM CamH about those maps, then the site will email him to tell him you are trying to get in touch.

Good luck!