HybridZ

Need help with a part number - Wilwood or Tilton 3/4" Clutch Master Cylinder for 240Z

Yup, the title pretty much says it all. The travel on my stock master isn't enough to move the S14 5speed's slave. I posted this on the S30 forum instead of in the 4cyl forum, because I know that most swaps (V8 and all) have to go through this too. Thing is, I cannot for the life of me find the part number that everyone is using for either of these companies. I want to make sure that it bolts up to the 240Z holes, as I refuse to cut holes in my firewall. I've read that Tilton has a 3/4" that fits, but that there's some modification needed to the rod OR you just put the rod from the 240Z in it. That's all fine. I'm just really hoping someone on here can help me out. My clutch is hard to get to engage, and when the fluid is cold, I can drive around the parking lot with the pedal on the floor!

Thanks in advance. I found Zracesource.com, as they have one on eBay. I've emailed them, called them, and even tried to Buy It Now, but nothing works. Help!

Jared

Awesome! Thank you much.

Before getting your answer, I tried to measure the distance between the holes, center to center. However, since it's actually ON the car, and I have a custom-fabbed washer fluid canister, I couldn't really get a good look at it. I thought it said 2.75", but again, there was definitely nothing scientific about the way I did it. The one you have showed me here is 2.25" center to center. Are you sure this is what we have?

Thanks again!

I think the drivetrain forum would have been more appropriate for this topic, but regardless...

I looked up the bore diameter for a 240SX slave, and it doesn't appear to be any different from any other Z slave cylinder at 3/4". Are you sure there's a difference? I did a S14 transmission conversion for my L28, and the clutch hardware for the S14 didn't look any different than what I was using for the L28. The arm, throwout bearing and sleeve were all identical. S14 transmission didn't come with a slave though, so I couldn't do a direct comparison. But I'd really be surprised if there's any difference.

How do you know that your clutch master cylinder is not shot, or maybe there's just air in the line?

Nigel