HybridZ

NZ Folk

Guest unhingedlizard

Guest unhingedlizard

Hi there all Kiwi's

I wonder if any of you has seen a black 1980 280z with a gold stripe floating around Auckland/Waitakere city?

Number plate UY82 something something?

I am looking to buy this and am very keen but am interested in its history if anyone knows of it.

I think a mecahnis named graham owns it.

Any help would be cool. Dont mind a little bit of rust.

Guest unhingedlizard

Yeah I have been reading that rust is the major problem and I plan on taking a lead light and a trolley jack with me.

The guy is asking $2200 which, I dont know but I think is good.

Looks orig. paint too so should be easyier to spot rust right?

I'm not sure if it is NZ new.

Guest unhingedlizard

The guy reckons not. to be honest I haven;t seen it yet as it is in Auckland and I live in the waikato and I am trying to sell my silvia so I can buy it.

Didn;t really want to go and see it until I actually have the cash for it you know.

Do you know if is a jap import or new Nz?

I had a 79 import zx. I think thats when zx's were first made. A coupe is a good find. Not many of them around here anymore. The zx is a little squarer in design the the z. Mabye the easyest way to tell is the radiator inlet for the zx is below the bumper and on the z its above and below the bumper. Whats he asking? Dont forget to check for rust. Read through some of the old posts. They can be full of it, Rust that is. :D

Douglas