HybridZ

Market Price of RB-Zs

dwarlick

Yeah, just because you get an RB25DET into a Z and get it running doesn't mean it's worth a fortune.

If every hose/wire/bracket is mounted with zip-ties, all the weatherstripping is hard and cracked, the paint sucks, the spoilers mounted with whatever various mismatched screws/bolts you had laying around, the doors don't close right, the window regulators are bad, the hatch support doesn't do it's job, the interior shows all it's 30+ years of age, nah, it's not going to be worth $14k. And even if all the above is correct, it's not going to bring $30k+ unless EVERY BOLT, NUT, RUBBER, etc is restored and all the rest done right with no shortcuts and then somebody sees the car, loves it, and has the spare cash laying around. $50k is a pipe dream regardless of how delusional some people may be about their early Z cars. Even if it happens, it would be a huge anomaly.

I'm speaking objectively about this. I've watched Ebay, Craigslist, ClassicZcars.com, Zcar.com, and this site for 3+ years and think I've got a pretty good pulse reading on the market. I have about $16k into my ride that's still on furniture dollies, with many more dollars to be spent on the horizon before it's done. Do I think I could recoup that? No way! It is strictly for my own enjoyment and knowing I'm doing it right. No one else will respect that and will lowball the F**k out of me if I want to sell it.

Edited by BenJammin