HybridZ

Hole Plug ideas

duragg

I am nearly done with my new panel and a Z with a stripped race-car like interior.

But there are about 20 holes in the floor and firewall of various sizes from old wire bundles (complete rewire done).

Some are half-inch, some are 1" some are bigger - All Metric of course and all different.

Anybody have any quick and dirty ideas for plugging them up?

I have some leftover seam-sealer, was tempted to cut little aluminum patches and goop them all closed.

Maybe somebody has an even easier way to seal up the inside so I can stew properly in my own juices?

TJ

You might try getting a rubber grommet kit off ebay, some of the kits are pretty cheap and have a lot of different size full plug grommets to chose from. I got a kit and while there isn't a lot of any one size, they are cheap enough that you can buy a few kits to get the ones you need.

Yea it just depends on what you plan on doing with the car. Mine is going to be a mainly strip car but will be street legal (On nice days) so I'm not too worried about it. I'm not putting the interior back in so I will see the rust coming if it gets there which I doubt it will come back before I get rid of the car in a few years.

I didn't have the patience to hack out the old sound deadening.

I just cut out some rust spots and welded in repairs in the bad areas.

I might put a carpet kit over the floorboard... Not sure (already bought it, but also already bolted seats in).

Grainger has hole plugs in every size (US Sizes) so I just ordered some that are close enough.

My personal race car is half rusted out piece of ****, and half work of art (eyes of the owner).

Thanks for the assist.

TJ

I didn't have the patience to hack out the old sound deadening.

I just cut out some rust spots and welded in repairs in the bad areas.

I might put a carpet kit over the floorboard... Not sure (already bought it, but also already bolted seats in).

Grainger has hole plugs in every size (US Sizes) so I just ordered some that are close enough.

This Z (My personal race car) is half rusted out piece of ****, and half work of art (eyes of the owner).

Thanks for the assist.

TJ