HybridZ

Man -hours invested (sorry, long)

Does anyone out there have an estimate of the time it takes to do a very basic, no frills, just get it running v-8 swap? I can finish small stuff like speedo cables and such later, but i need this car as a daily driver, and i am buying my donor truck tonight (69 chevrolet). I just got a job at a garage as a mechanic, so i have instant access to any tools required, the JTR manual, and the other mechanic at the shop will help me one weekend, so do you think i could get everything required finished in two weekends plus after hours through the week? My boss won't let my car take up space for very long. Thanks for any input.

This truck has a very good running 350/TH350 combo in it now, i'm just straight swapping it out. I also have only 1 mile to and from work to drive it every day, so i can work on it at lunchtime and slow times, but i just really need a not-very-reliable just get it in there type of swap with more work to come later. Much more work. I am using the old crossmember from the truck for the tranny mount, just going to cut the ends off, line it up and weld it on the bottom of the car for now. I'm even going to salvage most of the dual straight pipe exhaust. Most of it's not even bent! The truck also has a hurst ratchet cable shifter in it, so that's taken care of (little tall, but i can cut it down some, i think). By the way, this is into an 81 280ZX with power steering (not rack n pinion) and a/c. The only thing standing in my way now will be motor mounts and a driveshaft, as i can see. (throttle linkage would be nice, too, i guess). I'm not worried about the small things like guages and speedo, just want it to go when i put it in D and hit the gas!

Thanks blkmgk, but i couldn't find a listing in the new motorsports catalog for the th350 mount on the newer zx body. most people here who've done the zx swap (as far as i have been able to tell) have used a modified crossmember off of the donor car. If anyone has a better way, let me know please! Thanks,

Bill