HybridZ

Help identifying 4 barrel conversion manifold

beemer

VERY cool whoever made that. I think there is another member here who has a similar 4 barrel intake that bolted to the SU manifold.

Unfortunately I cannot tell you who it is, but here is a picture of their car that I have saved on my computer.

post-6032-043426000 1293511195_thumb.jpg

Edited by Moltar

VERY cool whoever made that. I think there is another member here who has a similar 4 barrel intake that bolted to the SU manifold.

Unfortunately I cannot tell you who it is, but here is a picture of their car that I have saved on my computer.

^ Hey! That's me!!!

and from the info I've got over the years it is a Clifford piece.

• 2 weeks later...

That manifold is from a company called CarTech. I bought one of those in the mid '80s.

Yeah, that's right. Mine has Cartech cast into the manifold without the plenum hump for the water heater passage.

I'm going to use an removable aluminium divider plate to divide the plenum into two, creating a dual plane manifold, boosting low to mid range torque.

It's an easy tuning option, however recalibration of the carb is essential afterwards. Without the recal (with the plate installed), it'll run pig rich!! Don't be shocked by how many jet sizes you need to go down, especially on the secondaries. :shock:

Cheers.