HybridZ

tabco body parts should be in today

mobythevan

Finally got the body parts ordered that i need to continue the rust repair phase. Interesting thing is that I was going to order from Mill parts, but everytime I checked their website they were out of stock on some part I needed. So I checked tabco's new website and their prices are wuite a bit cheaper, plus shipping was included in the price. At Mill parts the total was $330 plus shipping, at tabco the same parts were $265 including shipping! I hope the quality is comparable. I couldn't order on tabco's website though because it won't let you specify right and left when you add items to you shopping cart, but I told them and they should have that fixed pretty soon.

Also went to the steel yard today and got a 4'x10' sheet of 18 gauge for various body work and patching.

I am replacing the rocker panels on both sides and plan to put 1" x 3" tubing on the inside part of the rocker as other people here have done. Then I can tie into the rollbar and have a stiffer setup. Gotta replace all of that anyway, might as well beef it up. The weight gain should be marginal.