HybridZ

4x4 brake caliper setup installed, question

I installed the 4x4 setup, used 84 non turbo rotors with a spacer. Here are the pics of what I think is the problem. My rotor seems not large enough in diameter if you look at the caliper from the top view you can actually see about 1/4" of brake pad that will never make contact with the rotor. Is this how everybody has been running their brakes?

IMAG0432.jpg

IMAG0435.jpg?t=1293121774

Those are probably base model Z31 rotors. IIRC, you need the GL/GLL rotors. You definitely should not use them like that!

Nigel

'73 240ZT

I dont think that would be true, most if not all the parts store I called dont ask for the model, they ask if its turbo or not. Any other suggestions? What is the diameter of the correct rotor I should be using of 84 300zx

I dont think that would be true, most if not all the parts store I called dont ask for the model, they ask if its turbo or not. Any other suggestions? What is the diameter of the correct rotor I should be using of 84 300zx

From Chilton Manual

'84 - '86 300ZX Front Rotors

Base Model - 9.84" (250mm) dia.

GL, GL-L - 10.79" (274) dia.

Nigel