HybridZ

Which gauges needed for L28ET and what size?

Most of my gauges do not work in my car. I have an L28ET in the 1975 Z so I am wondering what gauges you feel are important to have for a turbo car. What size gauges will our cars take?

I don't know of the top of my head but I heard Google and Search are some good brands, You might just be able to look at some images on this forum for a guess of which types you might need. I'm not sure though. :P

I heard Google and Search are some good brands

I've got Google in my "car". It works great! My brother is running Search in his pickup. They usually work, but Google is much better IMHO.

As far as gauges for a turbo car, it depends on how many gauges you would like to install. I personally would run a speedometer, tachometer, coolant temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, fuel gauge, and a volt gauge. As far as I'm concerned, those gauges are enough to adequately monitor a properly tuned car. As far as turbo monitoring gauges (usually reserved for use while tuning), you could go with a boost gauge (fun to watch), pyrometer (if like to watch your EGT's, for whatever reason), and you could install a drive pressure gauge (monitors your back pressure - warning, it can make you sad if your turbo is improperly sized since your backpressure would be higher than your boost). I do not recommend a permanently mounted AFR. It has always been my opinion that they make a car look like a work in progress instead of a finished masterpiece, but that is only my opinion. Many people like to permanently mount AFRs.

I don't remember the gauge sizes off the top of my head. I think that people running speedhut gauges are using 2 5/8" gauges to replace the small ones and something around 4" speedos and tachs.

Edited by Cheesecakepiebar