HybridZ

Info Needed engine specs

Hey guys im in need of some advice

i have just brought a 350 Chev which im putting into my 300zx and going to twin turbo

ok so the engine i brought im unsure what compression it is and if these heads will even suit the job heres some numbers

Block 10054727 (4 Bolt)

Heads 10110810 (has two triangles on the end)

its a TBI model but i have brought the inlet manifold with the TPI setup

the turbos im going to be running are t3/4 and i have a front mount intercooler

will be running a megaquirt V3 computer

was going to just run the standard dizzy or would you recommend going to 8 single coils

engine is standard and at this point of time unless highly recommended i would like to leave it that way just due to funds of the install.

i need to know would the pistons be dished or flat top, what would the compression be, is this head going to course detonation if i turbo it, what sort of PSI is a safe amount, what sort of cam is this running,

heres a link to my project

http://www.300zx.co....opic.php?t=5725

Edited by SpankyDevil

If those heads are the ones that came with that block originally, then the motor was originally a tuned port omtor, and those heads are the high swirl design, possibly with 1.94 intake valves. Another IF, if the motor was produced after 87, expect a factory compression ratio of 9.5:1 an easy way to tell if this is a post 87 motor is if it has a hydraulic roller cam.

As far as detonation is concerned, with programmable engine management you can avoid that altogether. The use of an intercooler is going to help you greatly in detonation aversion. However if you are going to cut corners and run low boost <10psi with, no intercooler and a rising rate regulator, I suggest you implement methanol injection to deal with the possibility of detonation.

I suggest picking up some turbocharging literature, maximum boost by corky bell comes to mind.

Edited by 240zphilly

was going to just run the standard dizzy or would you recommend going to 8 single coils

I would get one of the aftermarket distributors with magnetic or optical triggers (can be be had for less than 300USD, significantly less if you shop around) and an external coil, call it a day. But, if you really need the inside of your cylinder head to look like a giant Van de Graaff generator or a Tesla Coil, you could go coil on plug.

• 2 weeks later...