HybridZ

new dash?

Guest m35514h

Guest Anonymous

contact motorsport auto @ 1-800-633-6331. if they have it for your year, i think it costs about $900 for a new dash pad. someone accually completed some carbon fiber ones for the 240 @ $650. if i remember corectly.... most booo'd him for being too expensive.

Guest polarity

i was kind of luck with mine. I found a 280ZX dash in a car in a junkyard. No cracks.. the t-tops were off the car and it just so happened to be jacked up in the front (so no water would hit the dash).. no cracks.. only problem is that it was blue so i had to paint it black (that interior paint looks pretty good).. so I got my new dash for $25.. i say watch the junkyards.. and check ebay

Guest m35514h

does any one know if the vinyl repair kits work. I dont really want to spend 800 for a new dash pad. I am going to try the repair anyway if that fails and looks bad i will cap it for a while.

Guest Anonymous

i dont think the vynal repair will work. the big prob is that at the crack it raises up.... like a volcano erupting from the dash, so when you fill the crack it will still be raised from the dash. ive been working on mine off and on for a while preparing it for molding..... ive had to do major work to smooth it out enuf to mold. the only option that might work for repairing the dash that i can think of other that a fiberglass or carbon dash would be to smooth it out with fiberglass filler and lots of sanding and grinding, then vynal wrap it. longevity may be an issue though

nic

I bought a used dash that was in perfect condition until it was shipped over here. :( I called an interior repair guy that we use. I was afraid they wouldn't be able to fix it. Well I let them give it a try and PRESTO!!! It's gorgeous. :D You "can not" see where the broken pieces and cracks shipping had done to it.

On raised up old dashes they sand to level, then repair. Someone just purchased a new OEM dash pad from Nissan (ZX-price under 350.) Maybe you can call for a correct price for yours, because from what I heard they where up there too, until I saw the post regarding the real price of a dash pad.

PS.. plastic dash covers do crack. Been there done that...Grrrrrr

Donna

Guest Anonymous

Honestly, get a dash cap. I agree with some of the earlier input. I had a dash cap on my '77 and it looked great (aka original). and I am picky.