HybridZ

Hamerite or POR-15?

Guest silverbullet

Guest silverbullet

As soon as the weather gets a little better(Mar./Apr.) I want to take care of the little rust that is on my battery shelf, it is only in the crack between it and the firewall, any advice?

Guest Anonymous

Treat it with a chemical called "ospho" which should be available at about any auto paint store. Ospho is the back bone of the POR 15 rust prevention claims. Clean it all up with "Simple Green" found at about any aisle at the grocery store. And use Hammerite found at Home Depot. You can use the sponge brushs to apply. There should be a compatiable paint thinner next to the Hammerite. The more thinner added to the hammerite makes it more glossy and less textured. Be aware Por 15 and Hammerite come in two colors (Silver and black with POR 15 being highly allergic to sun light)

Guest silverbullet

Thanks Larry, I will try that as soon as weather permits, BTW do you know if it is possible to paint over hamerite? I will probably want to paint the engine bay down the road.