HybridZ

JSK "Super O-ring" Fuel rail

Oddmanout84

I've been trying to get my hands on a Pallnet O-ring rail to fit my Rx7 injectors for quite some time now, with no success. I kept having to delay my purchase for one reason or another, and when I was ready to order there was a problem with the machinery which prevented making the rails. A few weeks ago I saw this on ebay and jumped on it because it seemed like a pretty good deal. My L28ET swap came with a JSK barb fitting fuel rail, so I felt comfortable getting another even though I still would have preferred a Pallnet. The item arrived as described from the seller, but I was a bit annoyed that he never answered the questions I asked about some of the holes on the bottom.

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

As you can see there's two extra threaded holes on the bottom between the outer two injectors, which go all the way through the stock and into the fuel passage. I figure they must be for mounting brackets, though it seems a bit odd that they should penetrate all the way into the passage. No brackets or hardware for these holes were included. The area cut around the bolt holes is also rounded, which also seems a bit odd and will make it a bit harder to fabricate brackets. I've test fit the rail against my injectors and the fit is very tight. However I'm ASSUMING that an o-ring rail shouldn't be held on the injectors by friction fit alone, so hopefully someone out there has some input. Don't be afraid to tell me that I'm dumb and the rail is a piece of **** either, I'd rather that than have my engine bay become a raging inferno.

As you can see there's two extra threaded holes on the bottom between the outer two injectors
What I would do,

find 2 bolts (not hardened) with the right thread, find 2 copper washers to use to seal

the bold head to the fuel rail, (or grove the underside of the head,

and fit a o-ring)

drill into the bolts with a smaller drill & tap, make a bracket from

your manifold to the rail, my pallnet rail uses 2 aluminum brackets.

in this picture, you can just see the brackets,

http://noddle.110mb.com/440%20Injector%20-%20Fuel%20Rail%20Upgrade/slides/100_8158-1024.html

Nigel

Edited by Noddle

I am not sure if the mounting changed, but this thread has a pic in the third post that shows the way JSK rails got mounted. I had one and it was mounted like this thread shows, but maybe there were improvements since then.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/60317-need-advice-on-installing-jsk-fuel-rail

Thanks for the responses guys.

That's actually the first time I've seen a picture of one of these rails other than the one I bought. I don't know what happened to the search engine on this site, but it went completely south at some point recently. Searches that normally took a few minutes with some key words now either come up with zero results or 22 pages of irrelevance that matches maybe one of my key words (which means nothing by itself). :angry: But I digress.

The mounting system in that picture of the black rail looks pretty wonky. No bracket attachments per se, just a strange loop. Dunno if I like the idea, unless there were some isolators between the two. I can see the cutouts where my extra threaded holes are, but there appears to be nothing in them. Odd.

Noddle; that's the bracket setup that SHOULD be on the rail, lining up directly with the 10mm holes on the intake. Why they decided to move the holes in between the outer two injectors instead boggles the mind.

The mounting system in the picture was wonky, I never liked it when I used the setup. The only reason I found that thread is because I remembered posting in it so I looked through my posts to find it. I figured that was faster then piling through the search. Anyway, good luck