HybridZ

R34 tailights

Guest freakypainter

Guest freakypainter

I started to put some R34 tailights in my 76 a few weeks ago, actually before i signed up here. After hours of searching old threads i see that im not the first one to think about it but i think im the first one to do it. I had originally started with 96-98 supra tails but the only way to make them look right would be to reshape the quarters, oh well, the wife is asst parts manager at toyota/lexus dealer so i got them at cost and still have them if anybody wants them. I finally got a pair of R34 tails off ebay for $400 (ouch). At first i didnt think they would fit, they are pretty big, but they are turning out bad AZZ. im going to try and get some pics up tomorrow, i have to get the film developed. let me tell you, that is alot of work, had to remove most of the rear body panel, but its worth it. i also have an idea for using the new BMW angel eyes headlights for the front. later

Guest livewire23

anyone know a good place for a breakdown of what this taillight modification business entails? I've seen some real badass modifications done, but it looks really hard. It looks so cool that it might be worth the while to try and learn to do it. good luck with the R34s and the bimmer headlights. not sure how you'd fit bimmer headlights on a Z, but i'd definately like to see some pics. cheers.gif

Guest Zachb55

got a photoshoped picture of what i thought it might look like if you were to do this on my website, might not be anywhere close to what yours is gonna turn out to be, but its worth a look. if you want to know anything about tailight swaps just search for the post that TZ mentioned, its verrrryy long and it will teach you the entire history/future of customizing tailights on your Z.

Tail lights page

Guest livewire23

I actually remember that post. It was interesting... But I must have stopped reading it before it got technical. mostly they were photoshopping pics to see how they look.