HybridZ

Fuel Setup for 240z

MyRolla

hey guys i've been searching various posts to see what i can do with my boy's 240z, i'm swapping in an sr20 and wanted to share my ideas and see if anyone would have tips on how to make it better.

I was thinking of getting a sump and having it welded on the stock fuel tank and then running an inline walhbro fuel pump with some rubber lines to the original fuel lines has anyone tried this? i'm trying to avoid the whole fuel cell thing i have one in my AE86 but i also don't plan on shopping for groceries in my baby the Z is an everyday car to have fun in, all feedback will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

There have been many, many discussions about this topic over the years, and was just covered again recently. So, you should be able to find plenty of info if you search. To summarize, the stock feed line size is ok, but the return is too small. Either use the gas tank evap. line running to the front of the car, or run a new return. A sump will work pretty well on the bottom of the tank (that's what I have), but the ideal solution would be a surge tank fed by a low pressure feeder pump, with the high pressure pump fed from the surge tank.

Nigel

'73 240ZT