HybridZ

280zxt CV axles into 240z using 280z stubs and companions

BTF/PTM

Hi everyone,

I know this topic has been covered, I've read several posts and haven't found the following answers yet. First the specific scenario, I want to use the Modern Motorsports 280zxt CV axle adapters and also use the recommended 280z 27-spline stub axles and companion flanges to put said CV axles in my 72 240z.

1) Are the bearings and seals required for the 27-spline axles and companions the same parts as used with the stock 240z parts? I ask because, if I understand correctly, the strut into which the bearings fit is the same for the 240z and 280z so it may follow that the bearing surfaces of the stubs are also the same size. If this is incorrect, by all means someone correct me.

2) Does anyone know, and is anyone willing to list, the bearings and seals that I need to buy for the job?

3) Do I need replacement seals on the R200? If so, does anyone know and is anyone willing to share those part numbers?

Thanks, everyone. Again I don't mean to beat a dead horse, I just haven't found these specific answers by searching.