HybridZ

Still no RPM with MS3 v3.0

seth1001

Well I finally have everything wired up in my car. All the sensors are giving good readings and everything seems to be fine...but I still can't get any RPM indication with the megasquirt. Given my history of making little errors here and there I assume it has to have something to do with how I've got it wired. I'm running FUEL ONLY on a STOCK 1980 280ZX. I confirmed the board was good with the stim...though I had to jumper D2 to get a signal with the stim. I've tried it on the car both jumpered and unjumpered at the advice of one of the megasquirt guys from diyautotune. Still nothing. I've got pin24 (the grey IGN wire) running to the coil (-) and nothing else. Nothing going to the positive side...and nothing connected to pin36. I've confirmed continuity and that the plugs are firing. I've read all related posts and I've looked at every wiring picture in existence...and since nothing really matches my configuration...I haven't been able to be sure it's correct. Is this how it's supposed to be wired?

I've got pin24 (the grey IGN wire) running to the coil (-) and nothing else. Nothing going to the positive side...and nothing connected to pin36.

Nothing connected to pin 36 is correct for a fuel only install.

Pin 24 to coil negative is correct.

I don't understand what you are saying about nothing connected to the positive side. Do you mean the coil positive is not connected to anything?

No I just meant nothing from the megasquirt connected to the positive side. I've confirmed that I'm getting spark to the plugs and voltage to pin 24 on the harness. Everything is set up correctly according to the guy from diyautotune...but still no rpm. I guess I'll have to set it up for VR input and pull RPM off the distributor.