HybridZ

Yet another aftermarket gauge install

kamikaZeS30

After seeing ktm's masterful piece of work in this thread, I decided to pony-up the cash and devote a little time to installing my own blend of gauges.

I went with the 4" Revolution series Quad Combo gauge in place of the stock tachometer, because I wanted to add gauges without loosing any instrumentation or having to find places that weren't visible from outside the vehicle. I am also relatively new to custom fab. In addition to that I got the 4" Revolution series GPS 160MPH Speedo w/ built-in turns and brights indicators, 2 5/8" Revolution series 8K tachometer, the Innovate MTX-L 2 1/16" wide-band and a standard AutoMeter mechanical 2 5/8" vacuum gauge (was already installed on the car when I bought it). I am thinking I will replace the vacuum gauge with something else down the road, just not sure what, yet. Boosted v8 may be in this car's future. >:D

The way I went about installing them is probably "innovative" but most people would probably SADFACE at my methods. I will say that it involved a hot-glue gun, lol. To mount the wide-band, I used the plastic mounting adapter ring that came with my 2 5/8" tachometer, as that one was already a perfect fit for the existing bezel.

I still haven't calibrated the fuel gauge, that will come once I get the fuel system working the way it should (i.e. not flooding the carburetor on start-up or vapor locking because the fuel-lines are too close to the exhaust).

You can see in the second picture that I used my lack of HVS to route the programming button for the tach through the center vent and, since mine's an early 240, I mounted the dimmer dial where the cigarette lighter goes on the later cars. I thought that was nifty, lol.

Here is the result (sorry, they're day-time pics):

DSCN0098_1.jpg

DSCN0099_1.jpg